Do you need help with some of the basics of home education? If so, check out our helpful articles, each written by Tina Hollenbeck with homeschooling parents in mind:
- Fostering Your Kids' Love for Literature
- Fostering Your (Older) Kids Love of Literature
- Home Education FAQs
- Homeschooling Isn't Free...
- Homeschool through High School? Absolutely!
- How to Choose Curriculum - A Quick Primer
- More on the (Ugly) Trojan Horse Named Voucher
- My Biggest Mistake as a Homeschool Mom
- Required Hours? Relax!
- The Second Most Important Imperative for Homeschoolers
- Stop Believing the Lie
- The (Very Simple) Five-Finger Rule
- The S-Word
- The Truth about Preschool: A Must-Read for Parents of Young Children
- What About Grade Level?
Consider also checking out Ditto, She Wrote, a blog Tina co-authors with friend Nikki, for more helpful insight.
We also recommend these helpful articles from other sources:
- 5 Ways Homeschooling is Like Entrepreneurship
- 10 Things I Would Tell a New Homeschool Mom
- 101 Reasons to Homeschool
- The Day Homeschooling Dies
- From School to Homeschool: What Is Deschooling?
- How to Know When You Are Done Deschooling
- If You Only Knew the Amazing Things Your Child Could Do Without School
- So You're Thinking of Homeschooling?
- The Truth About Deschooling That Will Blow Your Mind
- What Kind of Homeschooler Are You?
- What Qualifies Homeschool Parents to Teach Their Children?
- Yes, My Grown Homeschooled Children Are Odd - And Yours Will Be Too!
As well as these books:
- 8 Great Smarts (Koch, Kathy)
- Better Late Than Early (Moore, Raymond S. and Dorothy N. Moore)
- Dumbing Us Down (Gatto, John Taylor)
- Encouragement Along the Way (Howard, Bobbie)
- For the Children's Sake (Macaulay, Susan Schaeffer)
- Homeschool: An American History (Gaither, Milton)
- Homeschool Experiment, The (Hawkins, Charity)
- Honey for a Child's Heart (Hunt, Gladys)
- Honey for a Teen's Heart (Hunt, Gladys)
- Indoctrination (Gunn, Colin & Joaquin Fernandez)
- Joy of Relationship Homeschooling, The (Campbell, Karen)
- Love the Journey (Somerville, Marcia)
- Passion-Driven Education (Boyack, Connor)
- Teaching from Rest (Mackenzie, Sarah)
- Underground History of American Education, The (Gatto, John Taylor)
- Weapons of Mass Instruction (Gatto, John Taylor)
- When You Rise Up: A Covenantal Approach to Homeschooling (Sproul Jr., R.C.)
NOTE: If you cannot acquire a bound copy of The Underground History of American Education, consider downloading and printing the full text here, which the author has made available since the book is now out of print. It is well worth the cost of paper, ink, and binding!
And these DVDs:
- Children of Caesar, The
- Class Dismissed (read our review here)
- Homeschool Made Simple (read our review here)
- Self-Taught (the forthcoming "sequel" to Class Dismissed)